The Military Preparation School has now implemented the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award into its curriculum as a provision for learners to succeed and gain a highly acclaimed qualification. Using the outdoor and military experience from our instructors we are able to deliver high level DofE provision and support to schools.
Since its creation in 1956 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh KG KT, the DofE has gone from strength to strength. Guided by the same set of principles and by young people themselves, it allows for numerous developments in skill set and personal attributes.
“The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award has helped countless young people on their sometimes difficult path to adulthood.” HRH The Duke of Edinburgh KG KT
When your child does their DofE programme they'll develop the skills and attitudes they need to become more rounded, confident adults. Qualities that colleges, universities and employers are attracted to.
- A sense of identity Initiative
- A sense of responsibility
- A real awareness of their strengths
- New talents and abilities
- The ability to plan and use time
- The ability to learn from and give to others in the community
- New friendships
- Problem solving, presentation and communication skills
- Leadership and team working skills
For further information on how the MPS can deliver the DofE Award in your area please contact via the details provided on the main website page.