The Welsh Government believes in and supports Apprenticeships in Wales as they fuel the future essential skills base of our nation.
Apprenticeships in Wales help to:
- Inspire success in the individual
- Bring huge benefits to the workplace
Employers: Can You Make Someone Great?
Come and join the 81% of businesses that say employing apprentices makes their workplace more productive.
By becoming involved in Apprenticeships in Wales, you are creating a more responsive, motivated workforce with the key skills and experience you need.
The Welsh Government pays the external training costs, leaving you to pay only for the wage of the trainee.
Apprenticeships in Wales are the proven way to train your workforce
- The Welsh Government offers subsidised key skills training directly relevant to your organisation
- Any company in Wales, whatever size or sector, can take part in Welsh apprenticeships
- Invest in your future workforce
- Apprenticeships can make your organisation more effective, productive and competitive by addressing your skills gaps directly, even in uncertain economic times
- With the right key skills, your team can meet your business challenges
- The beauty of being part of the Apprenticeship programme in Wales is that your apprentice can work and learn at the same time
- The Apprenticeship programme has been designed to help your employees reach a high level of competency and performance
- There are over 190 different types of Apprenticeships, so there’s bound to be a place for an apprentice in your organisation
What's in it for you?
- Apprenticeships ensure that your workforce has the practical skills and qualifications your organisation needs now and in the future
- The mixture of on and off job learning ensures they learn the skills that work best for your business
- Over 130,000 companies offer apprentice places throughout the UK because they understand the benefits that apprentices bring to their business
- They increase productivity, improve competitiveness and apprenticeships lead to a committed and competent workforce that understands your business
More than a quarter of UK businesses rate this form of vocational training higher than any other qualification.