City and Guilds Level 2 in Employability Skills
The Level 2 Employability Skills qualification will help you develop the skills and attitudes valued by employers in any sector or industry. Depending on how much time you spend on the course, you can progress through different levels of the qualification. These include the Introductory Award, Award, Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma in Employability.
The aim of the course is to prepare you for getting a job. Getting a job is just the first step, we also focus on giving you the tools to succeed and advance in your role or future career. During the course you will develop your confidence, fitness, health and ability to work within a team. You will gain the skills and knowledge required to progress to employment, further study, a traineeship or an apprenticeship.
You will study the following Employability units:
- Introduction to leadership
- Introduction to career progression
- Teamworking skills
- Managing yourself
- Developing personal confidence
- Improving practical skills and techniques
- Exploring equality and diversity
- Keeping safe
- Effective skills, qualities and attitudes for learning and work
- Managing time in the workplace
- Dealing challenges
- Work-based experience
- Career planning and making applications
- Preparing for an interview
- Healthy living
- Manage personal finance
- Community project
The Functional Skills qualifications at the Military Preparation College supports you to achieve your vocational aspirations, as these skills are becoming increasingly important in the workplace. Functional Skills qualifications are intended to support you to improve your numeracy and literacy skills. The Functional Skills qualifications will help you to develop and demonstrate that you can apply these vital skills to a range of situations.
We will support you in achieving these qualifications, which will increase your confidence and motivation. The skills you gain will be valuable in further learning, work and life in general.
You can achieve the following functional skills qualifications:
- Entry Level 1, 2 and 3 in Mathematics
- Level 1 and 2 in Mathematics
- Entry Level 1, 2 and 3 in English
- Level 1 and 2 in English.