Supporting our learners to ensure they are safe, reach their potential and progress onto rewarding careers is of paramount importance to us at MPCT.
We have a number of support mechanisms in place which enable learners to seek, request and receive advice, guidance and support whilst at MPCT.
MPCT is committed to the delivery of a high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) programme which supports learners to achieve their goal of sustained employment, further education or training. Careers education at MPCT is guided by legislation and best practice contained within the Gatsby Benchmarks. It is supported by guidance provided by the Careers Development Institute (CDI) and the Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC).
THE MAIN AIMS OF THE CEIAG PROGRAMME IS TO:
- Inspire the learners and raise their aspirations.
- Consider all possible transitional pathways including paid or voluntary employment, further education and training.
- Build the learner’s skills and experiences to support and prepare them for their chosen pathway.
- Provide independent careers advice and guidance, ensuring learners are aware of all the available options and opportunities
- Inform and communicate with parents/carers so that together we can support our young people to reach their full potential
- Please click here to read the MPCT Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance policy
The MPCT Career Education Programme
The components of the MPCT Career Education Programme are:
- Vocational Qualifications
- Start Profile Application
- Creating Better Citizens sessions
- Community, charity or voluntary activities
- Leadership and coaching opportunities
- Work tasters, experience and placements.
- Careers guidance provided by internal staff.
- Careers advice provided by impartial careers advisors.
Support young people reach their full potential
The vision of The Motivation and Learning Trust is to support, develop and enhance life opportunities for MPCT learners past, present and future. We raise and administer funding in order to offer young people support in crisis and facilitate bespoke, inspirational educational opportunities that will ensure they become meaningful and contributing members of society who are confident, competent and fully aware of their role in being the best they can be.